Thursday, December 5, 2013

David Blane

I have seen David Blane specials in the past. I can't remember on what channel or when, but I have been a huge fan of magic and illusions sense I was young. Magic is a way for the impossible to become reality, that's why I had such a fascination with it. At one time I actually wanted to be a magician myself, but I was no good at the tricks and didn't have the patience to practice.

My favorite illusion from the special was the one where David started the fire by ejecting chrysene from his stomach, and then put it out by doing the same thing with water. I don't really like the stunts where David impaled himself or did thing along those lines, I don't really consider those as great illusions.

For the entirety of the special I was looking forward to seeing the Ricky Gervais scene. Each commercial break hyped up his scene, but it was only till the very end and they only did one trick, so that disappointed me.

On a scale of on one to ten I would give the special an eight. I'm not particularly a fan of David Blane, but I do enjoy magic, and because I'm still mad at the Ricky Gervais thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment